Friday, August 20, 2021

Windmill, Great Hucklow, Grindlow, Foolow, Eyam, Stoney Middleton, Froggatt, Grindleford, and Hathersage

Today's walk started from Windmill, a tiny hamlet where I'd not travelled to before on the bus. I took the path that runs right next to the road as I headed towards Great Hucklow. There were lovely views looking over to the north.




I continued for a short distance across the fields to Grindlow, and then Foolow.




















The walk over to Eyam was easy, nice and flat with possibly no stiles at all. After walking through the village I took the high level route over to Stoney Middleton.


































I descended into the Derwent Valley at Froggatt and followed the Derwent Valley Heritage Way north to Hathersage, passing through Grindleford.






As I was approaching the bus stop at Hathersage I noticed my brother already waiting there. We hadn't arranged to meet and I didn't even know he was also walking in the Peak District today. We chatted on the bus going into Sheffield and then he caught the local stopping train going to Leeds and I caught the Cleethorpes train to get back home to Doncaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment