Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Miller's Dale, Chelmorton, Flagg, Sheldon, and Bakewell

I got off the bus at Miller's Dale and walked up the hill to have a look at the new information centre and cafe at the old railway station building and then continued along the Monsal Trail, followed by the riverside footpath to the carpark at Totley Pike. Along the course of the old railway line there are some old kilns, and several tunnels and viaducts. 

















[It wasn't actually a psychedelic purple haze inside the tunnel; this was the best I could manage with the editing though.]









I crossed over the road and briefly headed up Deep Dale before breaking off and going on a footpath across the fields to the northwest of Chelmorton. There was a steep rocky climb but then the rest of the way was easygoing across fields and down a farm track.

I only visited the part of the village near to the church and the pub. The church was open and so I went inside.



.













Flagg is located to the southwest, and then it was an easterly bearing to walk to Sheldon through high open limestone countryside. I continued heading to the east and arrived at Bakewell pretty much at the time I expected.











No comments:

Post a Comment