Sunday, August 29, 2021

Bamford, Shatton, Abney, and Hathersage Booths

It was third time lucky for me this morning when I went to catch the early train, it was actually running and so I was able to get the 272 bus from Sheffield and travelled to Bamford. I walked along the road to Shatton and continued up to Shatton Moor. I followed the track and then the footpath across the moor to Abney.















I went down into Abney Clough and headed east along the path towards Hathersage, passing by Hazelford Hall as I walked along a stretch of road.


























I didn't go to Hathersage though, at Leadmill Bridge I walked alongside the river and then climbed up to Hathersage Booths. When I got there I had fifty minutes to wait for a bus so I popped over to The View Takeaway at the back of The Millstone's carpark for an ice cream. I then went a few yards up the road to the footpath leading down to Upper Padley and found a nice spot to sit for half an hour until I had to walk back to the bus stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment