Friday, August 27, 2021

Tissington and Ashbourne

A trip out to the far south of the Peak District with my support worker today. Tissington is somewhere I've always wanted to go, it's frequently billed as the prettiest village in the Peak District. Both myself and Siobhan were disappointed though; it obviously wasn't looking its best in the cloudy weather but it did seem to be a bit run down and uninspiring.




There were three of these vehicles, all different colours, parked outside the tearooms, I don't know what to call them though.




I suppose the highlight of our visit to Tissington was coming across a small heritage and rare breeds hen sanctuary. There were some quite brightly coloured hens with interesting patterns on their feathers as well.






These were the largest rose hips I've ever seen, they were the size of tomatoes.




There were a few other things to see in the village, including the church.











We both liked Ashbourne; there are plenty of old buildings and interesting independent shops there.






















1 comment:

  1. Love that the rarebreeds had chickenslippers. Always the best ones.

    ReplyDelete