Monday, August 23, 2021

Ladybower Inn, Ladybower Reservoir, Aston, Hope Station, Brough, Shatton, and Hathersage

Today's walk started from the Ladybower Inn, another early start travelling on the 257 bus. I walked along the road taking pictures of the viaduct, the reservoir, Bamford Edge, and Win Hill. 












I enjoyed a difficult scramble going part of the way up Parkin Clough until I joined the path that traverses the eastern flank of Win Hill and then goes down to Aston. I passed a young Chinese couple and I imagine by their reaction that it was the first time they'd seen the heather in bloom.




















I then headed south to Hope Station and continued to Brough. 





The next village I visited was Shatton..





I was heading eastwards by now, going up the hill towards the hamlet of Offerton before changing my mind and dropping down to the riverside path which goes to Hathersage.  When I was scrambling on all fours, pulling myself over large rocks and having to force my way through dense undergrowth my legs felt strong, but by now, nearly three hours later my thigh muscles were aching and were feeling very weak...I was struggling with the stiles.  When I got to Hathersage there wasn't a bus due and so I went to the Pool Cafe for a bit of something to eat. My favourite place to eat, Cintra's Tearooms and Tea Garden doesn't open on Mondays, like many other establishments in the Peak District.
















No comments:

Post a Comment