Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Malton

I went to somewhere today with my support worker and I was rather disappointed with the place. It was Malton, a decent sized market town but with relatively few photo-opportunities. I couldn't get any decent shots of the church, there aren't any outstanding buildings or picturesque courtyards or alleyways; even the selection of shops was limited, only three charity shops that I could remember, and no large antiques centres to wander round.



 







On our way back to the carpark we spotted a sign pointing to Old Malton and so wandered up the hill. I was pleasantly surprised with this part of the town though, there was a mediaeval church, a large lodge converted into an hotel and what looked like some old almshouses.









On the way to Malton we got stuck in a traffic jam for thirty minutes and so decided to travel home using a different route. We passed through several pretty villages which would be ideal to visit in the future, probably on a day out based at Easingwold.

No comments:

Post a Comment