Monday, August 9, 2021

Cutthroat Bridge, Ringinglow, and Sheffield City Centre

I travelled to Cutthroat Bridge today on the 257 bus, getting there at 08:30 for an early start. I immediately climbed up to Bamford Edge to enjoy the views looking down at Ladybower Reservoir. At the entrance to the Access Land I stopped to read this notice; it seemed to have been there a while though and I assumed the moors had already been sprayed...and that was correct.




It took me about forty five minutes to reach the Edge.





















Just after taking the photograph above I changed direction and walked across the moor, heading for Stanage Edge - the aroma of the heather was gorgeous, although it wasn't looking its best in the murky weather.

I walked along the top of Stanage Edge from north to south, and at Upper Burbage Bridge continued along the road to Ringinglow.








  











[I had to play hopscotch here whether or not I wanted to.]










There was a steep descent into the Porter Valley at Ringinglow and I followed the valley down to Endcliffe Park and finally the City Centre.










No comments:

Post a Comment