Friday, September 3, 2021

Baslow, Chatsworth House, Edensor, Calton Houses, Calton Lees, and Beeley

I almost did a circular walk from Baslow today featuring Chatsworth Park and the two estate villages of Edensor and Beeley. I caught the 257 bus which goes the long way round to Baslow, but it was better than waiting another twenty five minutes at the bus station in Sheffield. 

I was able to get off at the church by going this way.




I walked through the village and entered Chatsworth Park and headed south until I reached Chatsworth House.




I think this is actually a showjumping fence that's also a piece of sculpture; I really like it.








I was able to get up quite close to the fallow deer; it's the first time I've seen them in the park...I usually see the larger red deer.




I took some photographs in the courtyard area.





I took some snaps of the main house and then it wasn't far to go over to Edensor with its interesting architectural styles.

































I then walked across the fields to Calton Houses and continued down the track to Calton Lees, two very small hamlets. 

It was a short easy walk to Beeley and then a climb up onto Beeley Moor, where the heather was still in bloom.










I planned to finish the walk by heading north through Stand Wood and intending to return to Nether End but by now it had been drizzling for over an hour and I could see people waiting at the bus stop at Chatsworth House and so decided to finish early. My timing was prefect, I only had a few minutes to wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment