Monday, September 13, 2021

Hope, Pindale, Bradwell, Great Hucklow, Wardlow Mires, Wardlow, Great Longstone, and Bakewell

I started the walk at Hope and headed south, going up the road that leads to the cement works and then continues to the hamlet of Pindale.













When I reached Pindale I took the path leading down to Bradwell; you can get some close-up views of some of the structures at the cement works if that's your thing.





I came down much lower into Bradwell than I'd intended and so had to climb back up to the minor road that runs parallel to Bradwell Dale, but higher up. 










I continued along a track, a 'Byway Open To All Traffic' actually, that leads to Great Hucklow.




Another sign I decided to photograph just beyond the village. I doubt I'll find anywhere else featuring four placenames ending in 'low.' 




My direction returned to the south as I walked down the road and then along the footpath to Wardlow Mires. Still heading south, but walking on tarmac now,  I passed through Wardlow and then reached Longstone Moor.



















From Great Longstone I made my way over to the Monsal Trail, but didn't use it to reach Bakewell, instead I opted for the path that goes near to Cracknowl House

No comments:

Post a Comment