Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Bakewell, Youlgreave, and Over Haddon

I caught the bus to Bakewell and spent twenty minutes looking round the town; I arrived there quite early and so it wasn't very busy. Two of my favourite places for taking photographs, the two lovely colourful, flower-bedecked quirky courtyards were still closed though, with the gates locked.



















I took the path to Haddon Hall which stays pretty close to the River Wye and then went  across the fields and down into Lathkill Dale before continuing to Youlgreave, one of the larger Peak District villages.


























I headed north and then dropped down into Lathkill Dale again, further upstream, before the steep climb up to Over Haddon and then the steady descent back to Bakewell.



































Kings Court was open when I arrived back at Bakewell, and the sun was shining at the perfect angle.




No comments:

Post a Comment