Friday, May 1, 2020

Google Street View Virtual Walk: Hulme End To Hartington

I would have been using Hulme End as a base for several of my walks, being only about eighty minutes  on the planned X71 bus service from  Sheffield... there are so many nice walking areas in all directions.

On this walk  I had planned to head over to the west, staying north of Warslow and then going south to Butterton. This rather bland image is all that I could lift from Google Street View when virtually exploring the village, the church is hidden behind trees when viewed from the road, quite a bit of the imaging is distorted...and to be honest, the village looked rather uninteresting.



I would have followed the path that runs alongside Hoo Brook down into the Manifold Valley at Wetton Mill, a delightful sheltered spot -  fortunately there is Google Street View coverage of the area, but I've decided to only use this image of cows. When the Google car drove down there there were a lot of people about...who I don't want to be featuring on the blog.




This image is a few hundred yards further along the walk.



The next path would have taken me over higher ground; I'm sure there would have been  some lovely views. Coming  back down to the river and walking along the trackbed of the old railway line for half a mile I would have then climbed up to Wetton.

This was the only image I could retrieve when visiting online. 



I'd have been  able to use footpaths to reach Gateham Grange but then have needed to walk along the road again to reach Narrowdale.

I'd finish the walk by heading north to Beresford Dale and then immediately climb back out at the other side of the valley and take the direct route across the fields to Hartington. 

No comments:

Post a Comment