Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Doncaster, Newton, Sprotbrough, and Cusworth Hall

Today's local exercise walk from my doorstep took me into the town centre for the first time for six weeks...and that was a bizarre experience; the only people I saw were queueing outside the banks waiting for them to open, everyone standing at least six foot apart. I refuse to use the term 'two metres' which when written as '2m' on signs or scrawled on the pavement I always read as 'two miles' - it's my small way of rebelling against the police state we now find ourselves living in where I've been placed under house arrest for a crime I didn't commit...I really hope there will be political consequences in the future for those who've taken our freedoms away.



My walk took me to Sprotbrough and then I crossed over to Cusworth Hall before returning to the town centre and home. I've done this walk quite a few times but slightly varied the route today, choosing to walk along the road until I reached the Newport Arms so that I wouldn't have any close encounters with anyone on one of the narrow stretches of footpath down by the river.


I walked down the short lane to reach the old farm buildings at Newton and then continued along my regular route to Sprotbrough.























The lawn at Cusworth Hall is usually very well looked after, but not at the moment...I much prefer it like this though with the dandelions and the daisies.



I didn't need a microscope to take this next photograph, just my standard digital camera lens.



The final photograph is the best close-up shot of the hall I could get - access to get any nearer was blocked off. There might well have been a way to get through, but I didn't try.












1 comment:

  1. I reckon you might have stumbled across the antidote there with that Corona Extra, get plenty of that down you and you'll be fine. To be quite honest I am enjoying staying at home for the time being at any rate. I do go to work as usual as I live on the job so I'm lucky in that I have plenty to do. Also being diabetic I have no wish to risk getting the virus.

    ReplyDelete