Saturday, May 9, 2020

Another Google Street View Virtual Walk Starting At Hulme End

Another themed virtual walk in Staffordshire today, starting from Hulme End. Appropriately today's theme is properties and locations with the word 'end' as part of their name.

Obviously I would have gotten off to a good start with Hulme End itself. I planned to walk back down the road towards Hartington for a few hundred yards and then take the first path leading off to the left. At this point I wouldn't have been very far from Endon House, about five hundred yards to the southeast.









I would have soon reached Hole End Cottage, then briefly walked along the road and headed northwest along the path which passes right next to some farm buildings known as Lowend. There's some sort of industrial activity taking place at a location prominently shown on the map as 'Townend'  over to the right, and over to my left I think I would have been able to  see a farm called Buttsend.

Next I would have turned to the right and walked along the road that passes next to the Townend site, from what I can see of it on Google Street View it looks like it's a factory 

After a couple of minutes or so I  should have found my next path ,taking me quite close to Bridge-end, a farm just to the west of Hartington. I'd then swing back to the west and walk through the village of Sheen and go down the bridleway to Brund.



My next planned destination was Ridge End Farm, a mile to the north along the Manifold Trail. I then would have headed west again, aiming for another location called Bridge End, this time written differently though.

Looking at the map I couldn't find any more places with themed names for me to visit on my return journey to Hulme End, using mainly footpaths I don't think I would have previously  planned to use.

2 comments:

  1. A couple of lovely panoramic views. It would be interesting to get the feel of those views in person too..
    Nice trip. :)

    ReplyDelete