Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Highfields Country Park and Brodsworth Community Woodlands

It's been the hottest day of the year so far and I needed to get out of the house...even though I can't get very far. I suppose this doorstep walk was about as far as I could comfortably reach in the hot conditions.

I walked through the town centre, over North Bridge and joined a footpath which goes along the route of an old railway, first heading northwest and then due north for about half a mile...and then northwest again along a wide track to the entrance to Highfields Country Park.

This was a pleasant green corridor in an urban area - the noise does spoil the illusion of being in the countryside though.





After about two miles I was out in the countryside - it wasn't very interesting though.



The lake at Highfields Country Park is quite attractive.









I continued to Brodsworth Community Woodlands and climbed to the summit of the landscaped former colliery tip. I then looped over to the south and found the footpath that goes along the Roman Ridge to Scawsby and finally headed back into town along the main road.   














No comments:

Post a Comment