Friday, April 24, 2020

New Walking Areas Close To Home

There's a substantial area of woodland, a landscaped former colliery spoilheap and the more open landscape of Cantley Park just beyond the racecourse. Much of this area I haven't explored and so that's where I went this morning.

To get there I needed to pass through my local park; it's actually quite attractive.


There were quite a few people out at this time, a couple of hours later than I normally do my daily exercise walk; mainly dogwalkers and joggers. I heard a loud high-pitched shrieking noise coming from one family group and didn't know if it was the toddler or the chihuahua.

There was one section of the walk I particularly enjoyed; quite close to the houses at Cantley there's a heath-like area which seems to be an old abandoned orchard - certainly there were quite a few fruit trees there...and the blossom was lovely.

This was the only other photograph I took today, it's at the back of The Dome sports centre...it's something to do with the heating, the freezing system for the ice rink or the air conditioning I should think.  


No comments:

Post a Comment