Sunday, December 16, 2018

Ladybower Inn, Win Hill, Aston, Hope, and Castleton

I started my walk from the Ladybower Inn today; this was the view from the bus stop.



I walked along the road and soon reached the reservoir...which was looking magnificent in the sunshine. The water level has risen quite a bit - but it's still very low.






This was the view from halfway across the path that goes along the top of the dam wall.



I turned right and walked up the track on the other side of the reservoir until I found a path going up through the woods. This was a much easier way up Win Hill.





I wasn't totally alone on the summit though.



I retraced my steps for a few hundred yards and then took the path down to Aston - there were some marvelous views, and plenty of gorse in bloom.



It was an easy level walk to Hope, mainly down a farm track.

The final stretch of the walk is always very pleasant when the sun is shining because there are usually fine views of Mam Tor up ahead as you approach Castleton.




I arrived at Castleton and spent about half an hour looking for photographic opportunities. None of the photos I took inside the church at the Christmas Tree Festival turned out to be any good...and I definitely didn't take any pictures of the long noisy parade of vintage Minis that were being driven through the village.

Some of the shop window displays were quite nice though.




No comments:

Post a Comment