Monday, December 24, 2018

Doncaster, Newton, Sprotbrough, and Cusworth Hall

Public transport finishes early today and so I just went on a local walk along the river to Sprotbrough, returning back to the town centre via Cusworth Hall. After a few minutes walking along the river a couple of rowing boats sped by; the boat with only one person sitting in it was just as fast as the larger boat with two people rowing - I wonder what the optimum number of rowers is so as to maximise the speed of the boat?

Newton is less than two miles from the town centre.









Just beyond Newton I took the path that goes to the disused railway embankment, now a stretch of the TransPennine Trail long distance cycle route - I can't remember ever having gone this way before. I re-joined my regular route just before the motorway bridge that crosses over the Don Gorge.



It was only about another half a mile until I reached Sprotbrough.











I then walked across the fields to Cusworth Hall and returned to the town centre using the bridleway, and then Sprotbrough Road.









No comments:

Post a Comment