Saturday, December 29, 2018

Worksop, South Anston, Woodsetts, and South Carlton

There are four buses an hour going to Worksop but they travel along two different routes and I have to walk in opposite directions to get to the relevant bus stop...so I always have to make a decision. Today I chose to travel via Tickhill.

I started the walk by walking westward along the canal tow path leaving Worksop.





I could see Shireoaks church in the distance.



I continued along the canal for about five miles until I reached a footpath which led northwards towards South Anston.





At the beginning of the footpath I had to cross over the railway line; it's not a very busy route though.





The last time I was South Anston church I couldn't go inside because of a wedding - I couldn't go inside today either because the door was locked.





I headed back east, walking through Anston Stone Woods. There was a short distance walking alongside the busy A57 road and then I entered some more woodland until I reached a bridleway which skirts Woodsetts to the south.

There are some nice houses here.






There's also a top secret missile launching facility, code name 'Nirvava' which isn't very well camouflaged...and doesn't seem to be guarded at all.



The route continued as a footpath at the edge of the golf course and then across the fields until I reached the country road that heads towards the Worksop to Doncaster trunk road.

I took the first path across the fields to South Carlton.











It was then a short walk down the lane to the main road where I caught the bus; perfect timing, only a few seconds to wait. 






No comments:

Post a Comment