Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Cutthroat Bridge, Bamford, Shatton, Offerton, and Hathersage.

I caught the 256 bus from Sheffield and travelled to Cutthroat Bridge, a lay-by on the A57 road. I made my way up to Bamford Edge but had difficulty finding the path because I crossed the brook in the wrong place and ended up having to fight my way through bracken as tall as myself.



































I  came down into Bamford , walked through the village and onwards to Shatton from where I made my way over to Hathersage, going via Offerton..














When I arrived at Hathersage I had over an hour to wait for the bus and so I popped in to the Outside Cafe for a pot a tea and a large slice of mixed fruit crumble. I sat inside, there is no outside seating area.

No comments:

Post a Comment