Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Surprise View, Fox House, Ringinglow, and Endcliffe Park

I couldn't do my planned walk today because the Bakewell bus didn't show up, so I caught the 272, the next bus going out to the Peak District. I didn't have time to work out another walk and so just travelled to Surprise View and walked back to Endcliffe Park in Sheffield.













It was unpleasantly cold and windy when I got off the bus...and then it started to rain, so I sheltered under a rocky outcrop for a few minutes.



 


I called in to the Norfolk Arms pub at Ringinglow for a pot of tea and some gluten free, vegan, salt and vinegar crisps with a picture of a pouting blow-up sex doll on the packet.





The pub is very dog friendly and even has a canine menu.





It's a steep descent down into Porter Clough and then easy going going all the way to the bus stop just across from the entrance to Endcliffe Park on Ecclesall Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment