Saturday, April 23, 2022

Walking With Doncaster Ramblers

I went walking with Doncaster Ramblers today. I haven't joined the group, I was invited to do the walk by a friend who was leading a walk for the first time today. She made arrangements for me to be picked up locally by another member. I think I can attend as a guest for four or six times until I have to decide if I want to join.

The walk started at the carpark at Curbar Gap. we headed north along Froggatt Edge to Grindleford and then Longshaw Estate.
















We then headed south back towards the carpark going along White Edge, which is slightly higher and a few hundred yards to the east of Froggatt Edge.



On a couple of occasions we got quite close to a group of deer; I didn't take any photographs because I doubted they'd turn out to be any good.

I really enjoyed the walk today, thanks to Kim for inviting me, and to the other five walkers who were very welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment