Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Hope, Bradwell, Little Hucklow, Tideswell, and Miller's Dale

I caught the 256 bus to Hope and headed south along the road to Bradwell. The first two photographs were taken as I used a short stretch of footpath which runs parallel to the road, higher up and beyond the trees and providing some lovely views.







I'm not sure if this large bale of hay was put there to make it easier to climb over the stile...or as an attempt to block it.




I walked through Bradwell and took a couple of footpaths which brought me out onto the road that leads to Little Hucklow; I only entered the western edge of the village though.

It was even more roadwalking as I continued to head south until I reached Tideswell Lane End and then Tideswell itself.










I headed southwest across grassy fields until I reached the Limestone Way about a mile north of Miller's Dale. I was able to visit the toilets at the former railway station and explore some of the old lime kilns before catching the bus back to Sheffield.



No comments:

Post a Comment