Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Moscar to Totley

I travelled to Moscar Lodge on the county boundary with Derbyshire and headed south across the moors towards Stanage Edge. I waked along the top of the edge for the entirety of its length and then continued along the top of Burbage Rocks.













For the first time ever I explored Robin Hood's Cave; it's usually busy. I didn't go all the way inside though because I needed to do some stretching and twisting and was worried about pulling a muscle.




Just before reaching Fox House I spotted a path going towards Parson House Outdoor Education Centre. I assumed it would be a shortcut taking me to the Sheffield road but it seems that it's just what people studying there use as access to the Burbage Valley. I had to walk along the outside of the perimeter fence for a few hundred yards; it was still a shorter route than going to Fox House though.

I then joined the Sheffield Country Walk as it crosses Totley Moor and finished at the Cross Scythes Inn on Baslow Road in Totley where I caught a bus back to the city centre. 




Just after coming down off the moors I spotted this impressive statue of a stag on some private land - I obviously couldn't get up close for a better shot.




Further down the hill there were two more animal statues, also on  private land. The first one featured a bear, but this was all I got when I photographed it.




I had more look with the second one though.





For the second consecutive walk I didn't need to consult my map; whether or not I complete my hat-trick will most likely depend on whether or not I'm on my own when I go on my next walk...there's a realistic chance I won't be though because I've been invited to go with Kim and her friends on some of their training walks as they prepare for the Yorkshire Three Peaks challenge in August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment