Saturday, April 16, 2022

Ashopton, Thornhill, Shatton, Brough, Hope, and Castleton

It was quite sunny in Sheffield early this morning but when the bus reached the Peak District it was misty and so I changed my plans and decided to stick to doing a low level walk.

I got off at the Heatherdene area of Ashopton, right next to Ladybower Reservoir.














I walked over the dam wall and then down the road to Thornhill and Shatton.




The next photograph was taken at Brough.





The walking remained easygoing as I headed westward towards Hope.







I finished the walk at Castleton; by the time I got there the weather was lovely, sunny and warm. I had fifty minutes until the next bus going back to Sheffield was due, just enough time for tea and cake. I popped in to the Baytree Tearooms for a pot of tea and a slice of lemon Bakewell tart. I asked for extra hot water; the owner was confused because he thought I meant water that was 'extra hot', really hot. It was then my turn to be confused though when I couldn't find the cakes.



 







No comments:

Post a Comment