Saturday, April 9, 2022

Taddington, Monyash, and Bakewell

The public transport links to Taddington are quite good and I got there today for 10:15. I started by walking through the village towards the church.









I then took a path that climbs up to the road heading south out of the village.





I soon reached a bridleway going towards a location called Over Wheal. I crossed over a quiet country road and proceeded south to Monyash.










In the high limestone country of the White Peak area there are a lot of dew ponds: as expected I saw several today - they're not the easiest subject to photograph though.



 

There were several alpacas in a small field right across from the village carpark at Monyash.






I left the village by taking a footpath that goes through the churchyard. 






I then joined the Limestone Way, passing One Ash Grange Farm, and Cales Dale.  At One Ash Grange Farm there's a shrine. I think the objects in the first photograph are old pigsties.








I wish I'd counted the steps up the hillside as I climbed out of Cales Dale, there are a lot of them. As I reached the carpark at Moor Lane to the west of Youlgreave the weather had started to cloud over and so I made my way back to Bakewell by the quickest route, usually taking the road - I got caught in a couple of brief showers.








1 comment:

  1. Very nice walk Lee, walked the area for many years and must do so again soon. I stayed in the camping barn in Taddington opposite the excellent pub a couple of times.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete