Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Alport, Darley Bridge, and Darley Dale

I travelled to Bakewell and caught the local bus to Alport again. Today I headed south along the road for about a mile and a half before joining the Limestone Way just before Harthill Moor Stone Circle. The last time I visited this circle, several years ago, the farmer had placed a trailer right in the middle of the four stones.












I didn't climb up Robin Hood's Stride but did have a bit of a scramble up some nearby rocks; I couldn't get to the top and neither did I fancy using the steep slippery path to get back down to the Limestone Way and so I had to retrace my steps...carefully.






I stayed to the south of Birchover and continued heading east out of the Peak District at Darley Bridge. A mile further on I caught the bus at Darley Dale; the TransPeak service didn't show up and so I caught the number 173 which goes to Bakewell the long way round.


This final photograph features the railway station at Darley Dale on the Peak Rail Heritage Railway.




No comments:

Post a Comment