Monday, June 1, 2020

Doncaster Lakeside, Bessacarr, Auckley, Branton, Old Cantley, and Cantley

Despite being attacked by the dog yesterday and having to go to the hospital I was determined to get walking again today. I'm still managing to devise routes where I haven't previously walked along some quite long sections of footpaths, today it's been about two miles out of ten.

I headed out beyond Doncaster Lakeside to the area just north of Doncaster Golf Club, walked through part of a housing estate at Bessacarr and then took a footpath that zigzagged over to Auckley.






The housing at Bessacarr was very posh; it can't be a coincidence that Warnington Drive leads onto Warning Tongue Lane.


There are some very nice large detached houses with well-maintained gardens on Warnington Drive which I reckon might be the poshest street in Doncaster.

My route took me through Hayfield Lakes...which were looking lovely. There's no public access to the lakes, but the public footpath bisects the site - the final photograph is spoiled by the pylon that's just visible over to the left though.






Going over to Auckley I crossed over the Doncaster to Lincoln Railway line for the second time - neither time did I have to wait, not many trains use the line.



On the approach to Auckley the footpath has been temporarily diverted around a building site - I don't think it added any distance to the walk though because the original route of the path wan't very direct at all.

Several comical scarecrows have been placed around the village.


I continued along the road to Branton,  according to the Ordanance Survey map at the western edge of the village there's a path that looks like it passes under the motorway to get to Old Cantley. I found the path and followed it but there was no tunnel and so I had to use the road to reach Old Cantley.







I walked through Cantley Park, through the housing estate and along Bawtry Road and the dual carriageway back to my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment