Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Walking To Cusworth Hall By A Different Route

A walk today taking in a few footpaths in the Cusworth area that I haven't used before. As usual to get out to the area I needed to walk through the town centre - it was still quite deserted, although a few more shops are open now.

I continued over North Bridge and along York Road to the Sun Inn and then took the footpath that goes along the course of old Roman Ridge.



When I reached Green Lane I turned left and then almost immediately left again, going down Scawsby Lane, then crossing over Barnsley Road a couple of miles further out of town and continuing down Sheep Walk Lane.

Scawsby Hall is situated at the point where I crossed over Barnsley Road, it has some quite nice topiary.







I had been walking in open countryside for about a couple of miles when I reached a footpath which cuts through a ribbon of woodland, further on there was a short makeshift obstacle course set up for mountainbike riders.

The path towards Cusworth Hall Country Park goes across a field and downhill. Since I was already at the bottom of the hill that's where I stayed and walked along the path that goes at the back of the main lake and then returned back home by the shortest and quickest route, as I've done on a couple of previous lockdown local walks.  









No comments:

Post a Comment