Monday, June 8, 2020

Cantley Church, Cantley Park, and Sandall Beat Wood

I've been looking at photographs of Cantley Church online and despite it being in the middle of a modern housing estate it seems to be quite attractive and so I've decided to visit the area on today's walk, and then continue to explore parts of Cantley Park I haven't seen before.

As usual on my way to Lakeside I passed the local aircraft museum, this is the first time I've included a photograph.


The marina area of Lakeside is blocked off because the paths are too narrow for people to pass due to the coronavirus diktats so I needed to take a slightly different route and that's from where this photograph was taken.


There are a couple of watertowers on Church Lane at Cantley; there are a lot of watertowers in Doncaster, I've already photographed the one at Warmsworth. 





A few minutes later I reached the church.











I needed to do quite a bit of research using Google Street View and Ordnance Survey mapping to find the nearest entrance to the park on Acacia Road - it wasn't very far.

I headed north through the park, keeping to the western edge though, and after going the wrong way a couple of  times, and a bit of deliberate random wandering  I managed to find the footbridge over the railway line that leads to Sandall Beat Wood.



It was then the familiar and boring walk back home going past the racecourse, across Town Fields, and through Elmfield Park.

My left foot's been quite painful this morning, mainly on the outer side and at the top, the best way I can describe the pain is saying it feels like trapped nerve. After a bit of trial and error I found out that curling my toes upwards really helped, although this doesn't make walking easy. I'm not concerned, I've suffered with this before and it always clears up without needing any treatment...after a couple of hours today it was barely noticeable.



No comments:

Post a Comment