Sunday, June 14, 2020

I Needed My Walking Boots Today

I put on my walking boots for the first time since lockdown today when I went to explore some more areas of the mounds at Lakeside, where some of the terrain is quite steep. There's a lovely little valley that goes between the two mounds, very similar in appearance to some areas in the Yorkshire Wolds I should think.



You wouldn't expect to see this in he middle of The Wolds though.



I continued to the housing estate at Bessacarr, then through Cantley before walking into Cantley Park along Ascot Avenue past the extensive area of playing fields. 

I really like this house, set back from the main road.



At the end of the tarmacked lane I turned left, heading north towards Sandall Beat Wood and then the landscaped spoilheap of Markham Main Colliery. Unlike as is the case at the sites of all of the other former collieries which now have been designated as country parks and have names, this one near to Armthorpe doesn't.



I found the footbridge that goes over the railway line and then kept as close to the railway as possible, eventually making my way back to the houses at Cantley again, Bawtry Road, and back home to my house.

My route took me to the far reaches of the racecourse, an area I hadn't been before. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment