Sunday, June 28, 2020

iPort Lakes

I've never written a blog title starting with a lower case letter before, but it's the correct usage for these very recently established lakes...I hope they get a better, more suitable, permanent name soon.

I checked the Street View images on Google Maps to look for a path that would get me to the iPort Lakes once I'd reached the Lakeside area, and as previously it looked like there's a cycleway...and indeed there is.

It was rather cold when I left home at 9:20, windy, drizzling, and quite dark too. It brightened up a bit later on, but it got even windier.

These two photographs of the Lakeside area don't actually feature the lake.







I got to the iPort lakes within forty minutes; there's a cabin there that sells snacks and drinks and it was quite busy - I sat and ate my sandwiches in a field of clover.







Although there was a path I couldn't make an entire circuit of the lakes - a drainage ditch was in the way. I think that in drier weather conditions it would be possible to junp across it though.


I re-traced my steps and then walked where I could get.





I stopped to photograph this pretty, but tiny, railway bridge on the return journey, going by a different route, one that I've used before...but hadn't noticed the bridge.







No comments:

Post a Comment