Friday, February 1, 2019

Baslow, Curbar, Calver, Rowland, and Bakewell

I travelled to Baslow and got off the bus at Devonshire Bridge and walked back through the village to the church, passing over the old packhorse bridge. It was snowing when I arrived, and kept it up for most of the day.













I continued up the hill to Gorsebank Lane, a wide farm track which peters out into a lovely footpath going across fields beyond the farm - this was the only photograph I took though because of the poor weather conditions.



I reached Curbar and walked down the road to Calver and then struggled to find the footpath going up to Hassop Road, which I needed to walk along for a few hundred yards until I reached the footpath along the old quarry road leading to the landscaped opencast workings.





There's a track leading down to Rowland; I met some Highland cattle on the way down.




I continued through the village, down the road and across the fields to Bakewell.









The highlights of today's walk were walking through the crisp, clean, and crunchy snow and enjoying the large, soft, fluffy snowflakes falling on my heads.

When I got back to Sheffield Railway Station I slipped as I was running for a train; torn trousers and a grazed knee were the result.



1 comment: