Sunday, February 17, 2019

Chatsworth House, Beeley Hill Top, Beeley, Rowsley, and Bakewell

Despite being held up at a red signal for twenty minutes this morning due to a points failure I still managed to catch my intended bus at Sheffield. I travelled to Chatsworth House and immediately climbed up the steps going up through the woods to the hunting tower.









I continued walking through Stand Wood, heading south to Beeley Moor.



At the end of the moor I turned right, going down the track that leads to Beeley Hill Top.



The track was surfaced with tarmac as it continued down to the road, which I walked along for a few minutes before finding a gate which I used to enter access land and pick up the footpath to Beeley.









I left the village using a path which goes right next to some hedges and along the edges of fields, staying low level and parallel to the road. I needed to walk along the road for a while before finding the path that goes through the woods next to the river and passes some allotments on the way to Rowsley. 

I turned north and left Rowsley  by going up Church Lane; the church isn't very old or pretty and isn't in an attractive location either so I didn't bother with any photographs. As the village peters out the road becomes a gravel and limestone chips surface and turns to the north west - the direction of Baklewell.

There were some lovely views as I got nearer to Bakewell: all of my photographs were taken using only one hand though because I was speaking on my mobile phone to my friend from Leeds.












No comments:

Post a Comment