Monday, November 7, 2022

Grantham

A trip down the A1 in the car with Siobhan, my support worker again today to Grantham. It's somewhere I'd not not been to before and aren't all that bothered about visiting again either. It was cloudy and raining and so I didn't see the town at its best though I suppose.

I thought the man featured in the statue in this photograph was Sir Isaac Newton, but it's not...it's someone called Tolleshunt who I've not heard of.




The only public toilets we could find were inside the ornate Guildhall; the actual statue of Isaac Newton stands in front of this building.






As usual, I'd done some online research about a new place I'm visiting and was on the lookout for three things that Grantham is known for. I spotted several references to the colour 'blue'; pub names, the name of a former pub, the names of buildings and shops, and the name of a street and a courtyard; I saw moustachioed lintels above the doors and windows on a building on Northgate as we were leaving the town and heading home but I couldn't find the Beehive pub with its live pub sign consisting of an actual beehive.

















No comments:

Post a Comment