Sunday, November 13, 2022

Whirlow, Ringinglow, Porter Clough, and Endcliffe Park

I caught the bus to Whirlow at the edge of the urban area of Sheffield and walked up the Limb Valley to Ringinglow. I continued along the road to the top of  Porter Clough and returned to Sheffield, coming out through Endcliffe Park on to Ecclesall Road. I had planned to catch the early train from Doncaster but it wasn't shown on the destination screens so I walked over to the bus station and caught the bus, which takes a lot longer. This meant that I arrived much later at Sheffield and so had to get a later bus to the start of the walk.



 








These barrels at the Norfolk Arms pub at Ringinglow provided a bit a colour.





I popped in to the coffee shop at the alpaca farm at Ringinglow for tea and cakes. Normally it would be too early for cake at eleven o'clock but I opted for a large slice of sticky toffee cake to cheer me up on a miserable, misty day when I was expecting sunshine from the weather forecast.




The upper part of Porter Clough is quite steep and uneven underfoot so I walked down a country lane to pick up the footpath further down the clough. Obviously I couldn't see anything from the viewpoint where the toposcope is located.

The Shepherd Wheel museum was open and running as I passed and so I went inside for a few minutes.







No comments:

Post a Comment