Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Chatsworth House, Beeley Hilltop, and Kelstedge


I travelled to Chatsworth House, popped in to the magnificent toilets there and then immediately headed south, walking along the riverbank.













I took the track that leads up to Beeley Hilltop and continued up to the road.  I then walked due southeast for a few minutes until I noticed a path leading across Access Land going in the direction I was heading, and so I went that way: I much prefer walking over moorland than along the road. I then subsequently rejoined a metalled surface for a few hundred yards. 









I took the first footpath going over to the left and then, with the exception of two or three short sections, managed to use footpaths and bridleways all the way to Kelstedge, which is located on the main road between Matlock and Chesterfield. I finished my walk there and waited for the bus going back to Sheffield.







No comments:

Post a Comment