Sunday, June 12, 2022

Tideswell, Wheston, and Castleton

I travelled to Tideswell and then walked along the road towards Wheston, a steady climb. Before reaching the village I took a signposted footpath that's not marked on the map which took me on a dogleg route to Wheston, much nicer than staying on the road though.
















I continued beyond Wheston until I reached a path going down into Hay Dale, this time clearly shown on the map but there was no sign present.



 





I then headed north passing through Dam Dale and skirting around Peak Forest until I rejoined the Limestone Way for the rest of the way to Castleton.



















Cave Dale is the approach to Castleton, and it's delightful.



















The bus was twenty minutes late arriving at Castleton and then was delayed even more when a group of Chinese students on the bus didn't know if they wanted to get off or stay on at Bradwell. They were getting Bradwell, Bamford, and Bakewell confused...at least they didn't mention Baslow, another local village whose name starts with the same letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment