Friday, June 10, 2022

Middleton-by-Youlgreave, Dale End, Bradford, Alport, and Haddon Hall

I caught the local bus from Bakewell to Middleton-by-Youlgreave and took a track heading southwest over to the road that leads to Friden.
















I walked down this road for a few hundred yards and then turned left, taking the footpath that goes down Long Dale, a lovely gentle grassy dale, the grass being lawn-like in some places. In contrast, the next valley I walked along, Gratton Dale, was rather overgrown and progress was a lot more difficult.














I arrived at the hamlet of Dale End and then made my way to the north to reach Bradford. 


















I walked along Bradford Dale to Alport and then climbed up a quite steep lane and finished the walk by going across Haddon Fields to the bus stop at Haddon Hall, from where there are plenty of buses going back to Bakewell.


















When I arrived at Bakewell my brother was waiting for the bus, this was a pleasant surprise, we hadn't planned anything for today. We ran out of conversation before we reached Sheffield, but we talk everyday online and so this wasn't a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment