Monday, June 20, 2022

Ashford in the Water, Sheldon, Magpie Mine, Over Haddon, and Bakewell

I caught the local bus from Bakewell to Ashford in the Water and started the walk by climbing up to Sheldon and then going across to Magpie Mine. The climb up to Sheldon is quite steep at the beginning.







































I then headed southwest across the fields to Monyash where I stopped for a pot of tea at the Old Smithy Café; the only place to sit down was on the base of the village cross - the proprietor suggested I sit there.







I walked through the village to reach the head of Monsal Dale.





I walked along Lathkill Dale until I could climb out at Over Haddon. I continued through the village and it was then a gentle descent going across grassy fields to Bakewell.






























I was expecting to only wait five minutes for the bus in Bakewell, it was half an hour late though.

No comments:

Post a Comment