Monday, January 24, 2022

Photographing The Water Troughs On Stanage Edge

I travelled to Cutthroat Bridge, the bus stop before the Ladybower Inn, and walked up onto the moors, taking the route I'd use to reach Bamford Edge. I turned left and headed east though and soon reached Stanage Edge. It was much mistier than I was expecting and so had to concentrate on taking close up photographs of the rocks and the numbered drinking troughs carved into the rocks for the grouse.






























About halfway along the edge I took a track known as 'The Long Causeway' that goes over to Stanedge Pole and then down to the Redmires Reservoirs. 

Notice that I've used the Ordnance Survey spelling of 'Stanedge Pole.'














I don't know if this is a flower or a fungus, or if it's even really something natural. It was down by the water's edge and behind some fencing. I couldn't get any closer than about three yards away.




I continued walking along the road until I reached the car park and the entrance to Wyming Brook Nature Reserve. It was quite a steep descent down the side of the brook to the track at the bottom.










I climbed up through Fox Hagg Local Nature and caught the bus from the terminus near to where the path comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment