Monday, January 3, 2022

Curbar Crossroads, Curbar, Froggatt, and Surprise View

I caught the Bakewell bus to Curbar Crossroads and walked along the path to the Wellington Monument. There are usually Highland cattle along here, as there were today...but that's all.




This isn't the Wellington Monument...




...but this is.








I then continued down to the village of Curbar using several different paths, all well signposted. I was glad to get out of the cold wind.







I had to be careful not to get my shadow in shot as I took these photographs.










As I approached the village I got chatting with a local dogwalker who told me that this quaint little circular building used to be a jail.




I walked down the road  to Froggatt. and joined the the Derwent Valley Heritage Way there and stayed with it for about a mile until I climbed up to the Hathersage road.







I went up onto the moors and had quite a clamber to reach the rocks at the top.





























I returned to the Hathersage road at the Surprise View Car Park where there's a bus stop. I'd had the best of the weather by now and it had just started to rain as the bus arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment