Monday, January 17, 2022

Baslow, Rowland, and Bakewell

I had planned to go to Cutthroat Bridge today but the first train going to Sheffield was cancelled. Instead I caught the Bakewell bus to Baslow and headed west across the  fields, and then continued along Wheatlands Lane.








I don't know what this small structure is but I've seen photographs of it and so knew it was there.








I took the footpath which goes along the top of Bank Wood and eventually got down to the Hassop road. There's a path that runs right alongside the road here and then leads up onto Hassop Common, where I briefly got lost.







It's a single track road down to Rowland.








For the final two  miles of the walk I was heading due south towards Bakewell. I didn't walk right into the town centre today though, instead I went to the nearest bus stop, opposite to the cottage hospital.


1 comment: