Wednesday, January 19, 2022

Bawtry, Scrooby, Blyth, Hodsock, and Carlton in Lindrick



The Retford bus didn't show up and so I couldn't do my planned walk starting at Sutton Crossroads, so I caught the Worksop bus and travelled to Bawtry.

















I took some photographs of the town and then headed off to Scrooby. At one of the first properties in the village there are usually a couple of vintage cars. The sun was at a good angle and so you can make out quite a bit of detail.




















I took the track that goes in the direction of Serlby Golf Course and comes out on the road near Blyth.





























After spending twenty minutes in Blyth I walked across the fields to Hodsock. As I got my first glimpse of the priory I stopped and looked behind me to see the tower of Blyth Priory Church and enjoyed the moment for a few seconds standing in a place where it's possible to see two priories from the same spot.

I finished at Carlton in Lindrick, it's quite a boring walk along the track from Hodsock.










1 comment:

  1. I did a similar walk a few weeks ago. Hodsock is an interesting place. I didn't see Scrooby so I think I might go back there. Thanks for the photo's.

    ReplyDelete