Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Penistone, Hoylandswaine, and Cawthorne

I travelled to Penistone again today and headed north out of the town. From studying the map I was hoping to get a good view of Penistone Viaduct, but couldn't see anything for the trees; there were some nice gardens though.


 





I briefly needed to walk along the road before reaching a path going across a meadow next to the railway line.










I continued walking towards Hoylandswaine, soon passing a trigpoint located at 269 metres above sea level, the highest point on the walk.






This path mainly kept to the west of Hoylandswaine and so I missed out most of the village. I did walk past the church though.







At a location called Upper Elmhirst I took a path leading over to Cawthorne, the final stretch was along a country road though.









I finished the walk at Cawthorne. It's a pretty village but I didn't stay to take any photos. A bus was due and so I caught it back to Barnsley. I didn't want to be too late, or too tired when I got home - I've got a busy day planned for tomorrow going to Louth in Lincolnshire with my support worker. No doubt I'll be taking plenty of photos for the blog, many more than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment