Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Newton, Sprotbrough, Conisbrough, Edlington, and Warmsworth

 Another walk along the river to Sprotbrough, this time going via Newton.







[Lesser celandine, I think]




[No need for explanation here]




I crossed over the Don Gorge using the old railway bridge which is now used as a footpath and cycleway.

















There was still some residual flooding that I had to cope with.




Google suggests that this is ivy, although I don't recognise the leaves I've certainly seen the berries before.




I was able to take this photograph of Conisbrough Viaduct from a different angle.



I continued into Conisbrough and then walked up the road to the garden centre and the footpath that leads to Martinwells Lake at Edlington. I didn't go there though, I took a route new to me, the path wasn't very long but it was quite pleasant.


When I reached Warmsworth I stayed on the main road and headed straight back home by the shortest route.

No comments:

Post a Comment