Saturday, March 20, 2021

Doncaster Fens

When I walked past a notice a few weeks ago that mentioned that the area was fenland I didn't realise that there are any fens in Doncaster - that was because of my misunderstanding of what fens are though. Anyhow today I went and explored this area, it was quite attractive but not very interesting, but it was somewhere I'd not been before.


The first photographs feature an area of countryside near Bessacarr, bounded by the houses on one side, and a railway line on the other.






This was my first crossing of the Doncaster to Lincoln railway line, I would cross it again later.




This countryside isn't fenland, I wouldn't reach that for a few ore minutes yet.




These pictures do feature the area of fenland...and it's not as I imagine fenland to be...as it is in East Anglia.










This wooden sculpture of an owl is located on a small piece of grassland next to a new housing development.




No comments:

Post a Comment