Monday, March 15, 2021

Thorpe Marsh Nature Reserve.

I've been to Thorpe Marsh Nature Reserve today, an area I've walked through using the footpath that passes through, but I haven't been exploring there before. I got there by walking to Bentley and then taking a footpath that skirts the southern edge of Arksey...I'd be returning through the village on my way back.

The first photo though was taken as I was walking over North Bridge; it's the plaque that states the distance from King's Cross Railway Station in London.




It's quite a nice walk going this way, and after taken the first path I was soon out in the countryside.




This trestle bridge was built to carry the pipeline that transported slurry from the glassworks to the spoilheap.








About a mile further on there was a forest of electricity pylons in a field that used to be next to the demolished power station.




It then wasn't far until I reached the nature reserve. I spent a long time exploring there.














This is an insect hotel, a rather grand one too - I also saw a bird village in the distance.





I love the open meadows on a warm sunny day like today.




I didn't cross over the line...I was well behaved today.





I returned to Arksey via Almholme. When I got there a bus was due and so I caught it and travelled back to town.
















No comments:

Post a Comment