Saturday, March 6, 2021

Balby, Warmsworth, and Wadworth

The furthest I got on my walk today was Edlington Wood; I went out of town along Balby Road and photographed the church at Balby. I took this shot from the road as I walked past; I didn't go in the churchyard because people were queueing to pick up food parcels, I think.




I didn't walk near to the church at Warmsworth.












I walked through Quarry Park to get to the road that goes to Pit Top Wood at Edlington, from there I continued to Edlington Wood and then Wadworth Wood.




This is where I are my sandwiches.




There are some strange recycling practices undertaken in Edlington Wood.






I've seen these giant concrete Lego bricks used to block off tracks and roads in many other places.




I've seen much better painted stones than this one, in fact it's the worst I've ever seen.




A couple of distant shots as I walked across the field approaching Wadworth.








These were the best shots I could manage today of  Wadworth Hall and the church.







When I was about a couple of miles from home I noticed people were queueing at a gate to stroke some Highland cattle. I managed to sneak round the back and take this photograph from a few yards away at a different angle.






1 comment:

  1. The daffodils in the churchyard shot shows Spring at its best.
    The Highland Cows photo is wonderful too, especially as it has the motorway signage in the background :)
    Thank you for taking us along on your walk.

    ReplyDelete