Monday, March 22, 2021

Doncaster Racecourse, Sandall Beat Wood, Armthorpe, Old Cantley, and Cantley Park

I planned a walk looping out to Armthorpe and Old Cantley today so that I could walk along a short stretch of footpath I'd not used before.

I started by taking the path that goes alongside the racecourse to Sandall Beat Wood and then walked along the main road at Armthorpe, stopping for a few minutes to photograph the church.











I noticed that there were one-way cycle routes alongside the pavements at Armthorpe; I've not seen this anywhere before.




The angles in the churchyard are difficult and so I've only included the one shot.




A few minutes later I had to face a dilemma - to use an apostrophe, or not?





The path I was referring to at the start is at the end of the houses on Nutwell Lane and goes across the fields towards Branton. I didn't go there though, I turned to the right when I reached the road and walked back to Old Cantley and then through Cantley Park.


















On my way home I visited the pond at Cantley Park for the first time.




No comments:

Post a Comment