Saturday, January 2, 2021

Conisbrough, Firsby, Ravenfield, Bramley, and Hellaby

The bus I went to catch this morning didn't turn up and so I did today's walk in the opposite direction to what I planned. After giving the Maltby bus fifteen minutes to arrive I decided to get on the next bus going to Conisbrough, it's a frequent service and so I didn't have to wait long. It was a bus going to Rotherham and so I had to get off where the shops are at Conisbrough and walk along Old Road to reach the bridleway that heads off to the south.










The footpath across the fields to Firsby was frozen, as almost everywhere was, and so my boots didn't get muddy at all...in fact they were cleaner when I got home than they were when I put them on.









I did a circuit of the small disused reservoir at Firsby before continuing along the road and then across the fields to Ravenfield church.

















I walked through the village and then took a path which went across the fields and through a wood to the Sunnyside area of Bramley. The parish council at Ravenfield has hung up dozens of attractive Christmas wreathes in the village, you can just about see one in this photograph.






It had started snowing as I reached the houses at Bramley and so I made my way to the nearest bus stop to check when the next bus going to Doncaster was. It was a few minutes and the snow had temporarily stopped and so I continued to Hellaby and caught the bus there.

As I was travelling home it was snowing quite heavily as the bus passed through Maltby and the villages of Braithwell and Old Edlington.


No comments:

Post a Comment